Teachers that set up individual accounts through their School Plan can modify or update their class compositions and student accounts in their Dashboard.
NOTE: If you purchased a Teacher Plan through our store, dashboard features will not be available. For more information, see Teacher Plans.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Editing Class Names
You can update a class name at any time.
- Select the class in your teacher dashboard under Classes.
- Click the Class Settings tab.
- Click on pencil next to the class name.
Editing Student Usernames and Passwords
You can edit student usernames and passwords at any time.
- Select the class from your dashboard.
- Click View Students.
- Click the pencil icon next to a student’s username to edit username and password.
- Tell the student that you made the change; there is no automatic notification system.
Adding Students to Classes
- Select the class from the Teacher Dashboard.
- Click the Class Settings tab and locate the class code on the right side of the screen.
- Share your class code with students and invite them to join. You can do this by informing your students of the class code listed under the Class Code or by clicking Share Code to download a pdf to share with your students.
- Students click Enter Code at the top of the screen.
- Students enter the class code and click Submit.
- For students creating individual student accounts for the first time, click Create Account and complete the form. Students who have individual student accounts enter their personal username and password and click Log In.
Teachers cannot add a student to their class from their Teacher Dashboard. Students must use the class code to create their account and/or join the class.
Removing Students From Classes
- Select the class from the teacher Dashboard then click View Students.
- Click the pencil icon next to the student’s name, then click Remove Student from Class to remove the student from the class.
- When you click Remove Student from Class a final modal will pop up confirming you would like to remove the student from the class. Click Yes and the student will be removed from the class.
If the student you remove from your class does not belong to any other classes in your school, they will also lose access to the school plan. To regain access to BrainPOP, the student must join another class
I don't see a Class Code on the class settings page. How do I update students in the class?
If you do not see a Class Code on your class settings page, your class has been automatically rostered by Clever or OneRoster API. These rosters sync every night, so you don't need to do anything to add students to your class but wait for the update to pass through.
Can I add a co-teacher to a class?
At this time, we only allow one teacher per class. We recommend that co-teachers create a duplicate class within BrainPOP and roster students to that using a class code following the steps outlined here.