Here are some of the most common error messages or issues that you may encounter when attempting to log into the site.
IN THIS ARTICLE
The Username and Password You Entered Do Not Match
This error appears if the password associated with the username is incorrect or if the username is not listed in our system. Ensure that you’ve entered your username and password correctly and that you have a website subscription rather than a mobile app subscription. Usernames and passwords are not case sensitive.
This Product is Not Part of Your Subscription
You must log in on the site that you are subscribed to in order to access your subscription. For example, BrainPOP Jr. subscribers should log in via the URL jr.brainpop.com, BrainPOP ELL subscribers should sign in via ell.brainpop.com, BrainPOP subscribers should log in via brainpop.com, and BrainPOP Español and Français subscribers should log in via esp.brainpop.com or fr.brainpop.com.
Your Subscription is Expired
You will see this error if you try to log into an account that has expired. To find out how to renew your subscription, you can refer to this article.
Website Loads Indefinitely or Videos Will Not Play
First, check the status of our site by visiting the System Status page.
If you are logged in with your username and password, but the website will not load or certain videos won't play, you may need to clear your browser’s cache and cookies. Here’s how:
- Open Chrome.
- On the browser toolbar, click the Chrome menu.
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
- In the box that appears, click the checkboxes for Cookies and Other Site Data and Cached Images and Files.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose All Time (or Beginning of Time for older versions) to delete everything.
- Click Clear Data (or Clear Browsing Data for older versions).
- Close out of the browser and then reopen.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the menu . Choose History, and then Clear Recent History.
- Click the dropdown menu and select Everything.
- Click the arrow next to Details to select what information you want to clear. Make sure to include both Cookies and Cache.
- Click Clear Now.
- Close and reopen the browser.
Internet Explorer 11:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- In the upper right corner, click the small gear icon and choose Internet options.
- In the General tab, under Browsing History, click Delete.
- Uncheck Preserve Favorites website data.
- Check Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and website data, and History.
- Click Delete.
- When finished, click OK to return to your Internet Explorer window.
- Close the Internet Explorer window and reopen.
- Click Safari in the upper left side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
- In the window that appears, click the Privacy tab, then Manage Website Data. Click the button Remove All.
- Click Remove Now in the popup window that appears.