Here are some common issues you may run into with your Google SSO integration and our recommendations for resolving them.
IN THIS ARTICLE
As an admin, first confirm the following details:
- The BrainPOP Workspace apps is/are installed and turned on for all teachers and students in subscribing schools, as well as for the OU your superadmin account belongs to. If your superadmin account belongs to the root, the app must be on for the entire domain.
- Data access is granted to the BrainPOP Marketplace apps.
- Your domain is correctly linked to your school or district plan. Please see steps 2 and 3 of the setup steps here.
- Ensure your organizational units (OUs) are properly configured by repeating these steps. If the OU names or OU structure has changed since the initial setup, the app will need to be reconfigured.
- If you use more than one domain, or students or teachers log in with aliases, contact us for help.
Troubleshooting Integration Setup
As an admin, you may come across some of the following error messages when installing and setting up our BrainPOP Marketplace apps.
"This Google domain doesn't appear to be linked to a BrainPOP subscription" error message during "Configuration" step.
Most likely the "Go to BrainPOP for Setup" step has not been completed correctly. Return to the setup step.
Confirm that you are using a schoolwide or districtwide credential, and that your domain matches the level of the the plan credentials when linking. For example, if your Google domain is for your whole district, the credentials to use here must be districtwide.
Contact us if you're not sure of your school or district credentials.
"Only admins can access this section" error message during the "Configuration" step.
- Ensure you are logged in with superadmin (not just admin) status.
- Check to make sure that the app is on for the OU that your superadmin account belongs to. It needs to be on for your OU as well as the OUs included for the schools using it.
- Check to make sure that administrative APIs are enabled on your domain. From the Google admin console, go to Security > API Reference. Check Enable API access. Click Save changes.
- Check that data access is granted to the BrainPOP app by visiting the BrainPOP app settings the Google admin console.
If you've conducted these checks and are still receiving the error, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
As a teacher, you or your students may come across some of the following error messages when signing in using our BrainPOP Marketplace apps.
"Can't Sign in with Google" error message when trying to sign in with Google.
- Check to make sure you are logging in with your school or district's Google account rather than a personal Google account. Try logging out of other Google accounts and then log in again.
- Check to make sure that your school or district domain are connected to a valid school or district plan. Get in touch with your superadmin to confirm your BrainPOP subscription details and to check the "Go to BrainPOP for Setup" step again in the app settings.
"Your Google Account has not been registered by your Google Domain Administrator" error message when they try to sign in with Google.
This error message means that the user does not belong to an organizational unit that is currently configured to a subscribing school. Ask your Google admin to return to the "Go to BrainPOP for Configuration" step and make sure that all organizational unit the user is in is configured.
If one of the BrainPOP apps doesn't appear in the Google apps launcher (waffle)
This means that the app is either not installed on your domain, or it is installed but not turned on for your organizational unit.
Ask your Google superadmin to confirm that your school has a subscription with access to that product (BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr, BrainPOP ELL, BrainPOP Science). They can also then make sure the app is installed and turned on for your OUs. Ask your Google admin to make sure that the BrainPOP marketplace app is installed and turned on for the appropriate organizational units.
If signing in with Google on the site works for one product (i.e. BrainPOP) but not another (i.e. BrainPOP Jr.)
This can happen if your school does not subscribe to the product you are trying to access. Ask your admin to confirm what product accesss your school has. We have Marketplace apps available for BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr., BrainPOP Science and BrainPOP ELL. If you are missing one of these apps, ask your Google superadmin to install the missing apps and turn them on for your school's organizational units.
If your school does subscribe to multiple products, even if you are missing one of the apps in the Google Marketplace, you can always sign in to one site and navigate over to the other sites by clicking the Moby head icon at the top left corner of the screen.