Here are some common issues you may run into with your Clever integration and our recommendations for resolving them.
IN THIS ARTICLE
- If a teacher or student reports difficulty accessing via Clever, you can check your District Admin Dashboard to see if you can locate the user in one of your school subscriptions. If you don’t see the user, it may point to a data sharing problem with our BrainPOP Suite app.
- We recommend that Clever admins always share data by school rather than by rules or by section. This will ensure that every user in subscribing schools has access.
- Verify the appropriate apps are shared with the appropriate schools. If signing in with Clever works for one product (i.e. BrainPOP) but not another (i.e. BrainPOP Jr.), it’s possible the school doesn't subscribe to that specific product. To confirm product permissions for each school, you can you can check the District Admin Dashboard.
- The Clever integration will automatically roster all teachers with teacher roles and students in classes. If you have administrators that require SSO access, make sure they also have teacher roles in Clever and use the teacher role to log in.
- We receive the Clever updates nightly, but changes in the SIS can take up to 48 hours to be reflected on our side.
- BrainPOP does not yet support students in multiple schools. Each student can only be in one school.
- If you have a teacher in multiple schools, we will only roster the teacher's primary school. We don't yet support teachers with multiple schools via Clever.
- If you have co-teachers set up in Clever, we do not yet roster those users into BrainPOP. This is a feature our development team is working to offer soon.
- If you need to contact us for further assistance, please include the name, school association, and Clever ID for the user or period.
Common Error Messages
"Can't Sign In With Clever" when attempting to sign in
- Make sure that the teacher's school has a school subscription to BrainPOP with product access for the product they are attempting to log in to.
Check the District Admin Dashboard for product and site access.
- Confirm that the user's data is being shared with the BrainPOP Suite App
Teachers and students whose data is not shared with the BrainPOP Suite App will not be pulled in during the account provisioning process and have their account created. Accounts can take up to 48 hours after appearing in Clever to appear on the BrainPOP side.
- Check that this user is shared with the Instant Login product apps pushed out for their school.
User data must also be shared with the corresponding SSO apps pushed out at the school level so that this is visible on their dashboard and will allow them to launch into BrainPOP.
- Make sure the sharing rules are set up to allow users from the school to have access
When a school is not included in the district's sharing rules in Clever, users won't be able to access their accounts upon launching the instant login app..
- If the user is a teacher, make sure they have a teacher role in Clever
The integration currently supports users designated as teacher or student. You can give admins teacher roles in Clever, or you can have administrators set up an account outside of Clever using the educator code: Create Educator Accounts with Educator Codes.
"Uh oh! BrainPOP does not support Clever SSO for district admins" message
Ways to troubleshoot this message:
Our integration currently supports users designated as teachers or students in Clever. You can give admins teacher roles in Clever, or you can have administrators set up an account outside of Clever using the educator code: Create Educator Accounts with Educator Codes.