If you are not able to access a BrainPOP site, here are some helpful strategies.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Clear Your Cache and Cookies
If the site appears to be loading incorrectly, clear the cache and cookies on your browser.
- Open Chrome.
- On the browser toolbar, click the Chrome menu.
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
- In the box that appears, click the checkboxes for Cookies and Other Site Data and Cached Images and Files.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose All Time (or Beginning of Time for older versions) to delete everything.
- Click Clear Data (or Clear Browsing Data for older versions).
- Close out of the browser and then reopen.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the menu . Choose History, then Clear Recent History.
- Click the dropdown menu and select "Everything."
- Click the arrow next to Details to select what information you want to clear. Make sure to include both Cookies and Cache.
- Click Clear Now.
- Close and reopen the browser.
Internet Explorer 11:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- In the upper right corner, click the gear icon and choose Internet options
- In the General tab, under Browsing history, click Delete.
- Uncheck "Preserve Favorites website data."
- Check "Temporary Internet Files," "Cookies and website data," and "History."
- Click Delete.
- When finished, click OK to return to your Internet Explorer window.
- Close the Internet Explorer window and reopen.
- Click Safari in the upper left side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
- In the window that appears, click the Privacy tab, then Manage Website Data. Click the button Remove All.
- Click Remove Now in the pop up window that appears.
You will also want to make sure that cookies are not blocked for the BrainPOP site. Make sure to enable cookies on your browser.
Check that your Device is Up to Date
You will also want to make sure that you are using the most up to date version of your browser. If not, you will need to update your browser before troubleshooting further.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- If an update button appears, click Update Google Chrome. If you can't find this button, you're on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
- On the Menu bar, click the menu and select .
- The About Firefox window opens. Firefox will check for updates and, if an update is available, it will be downloaded automatically by default.
- When the download is complete, click .
Internet Explorer 11:
- To be sure you have the latest version of Internet Explorer 11, select the Start button
- Select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and then select Check for updates.
- Open the App Store. Click the Apple menu icon in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
- Go to the Updates tab.
- Find and activate the Safari update.
- App Store will now update Safari on macOS.
- Safari is now up to date.
Check Your School or District’s Web Filter
To access BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr., and BrainPOP ELL, make sure that your school’s or district’s ethernet and wireless networks can access *.brainpop.com.
Troubleshooting login difficulty on iPads, tablets, and mobile devices
If you have a website subscription and you are trying to access BrainPOP on an iPad, tablet, or mobile device, we advise signing in on a browser rather than using the App Store app. We recommend Google Chrome or Safari as browsers.
If you experience any difficulty signing in, make sure that your device and browser are up to date, cookies are not blocked, and that you clear browsing data on your browser.
Check our site status
Check the status of our site by visiting System Status page.