Teachers can assign specific BrainPOP features to their classes as graded or ungraded work.
IN THIS ARTICLE
What You'll Need
- An individual teacher account included in a School or Homeschool plan
- At least one class with students to receive the assignment
Assigning a Feature
- Choose a feature to assign and navigate to the feature page.
- Click the teal Assign button on the feature page.
- Fill in key information about your assignment including a title and the class that should receive it. You can also assign to specific students, add instructions, add a due date, or schedule the assignment for later if you wish.
- Click Assign to send your single-feature assignment to your students. Continue to the next section of this article to learn how to add more features to your assignment.
Assigning Multiple Features
Once you have chosen your first feature as shown in the previous section, you can use the Assignment Builder to add more to your existing assignment. You can even mix and match features from different topics.
- To add more features after you have added your first feature, click Assignment Builder just beneath the Assign button.
- Select the additional features to include in the assignment. Clicking Add Topic allows you to include features from other topics.
- Click Save to update the existing assignment. Or, click Next to make further changes to the title, instructions, and order.
- Edit key information including your assignment’s title, instructions, and feature order. To change the order of features in the assignment, click and hold the three lines next to the feature and drag it to your chosen place in the sequence.
- Click Next when you are finished making changes. You can continue to make adjustments until you send the assignment to your students.
- When you have finished editing, click Assign to send the assignment to your students. You may also click Save to create a draft assignment that you can return to later to make further edits.
Now that you’ve created your first assignment, you can find out more about managing, editing, and grading assignments in Managing Assignments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I include features from multiple BrainPOP products in a single assignment?
If your school has a plan that includes BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr., and/or BrainPOP ELL you can add topics and features from any of these products into the same assignment using the Assignment Builder. You can also add any GameUp title(s) to an assignment (for BrainPOP and/or BrainPOP Jr.).
Can I save an assignment as a draft and assign it later?
Assignment Builder allows you to save your assignment at any point by clicking Save at the bottom of the screen. The draft will appear with your other assignments.
Can I assign features that don’t include submittable work, such as a movie, Related Reading, or game without SnapThought?
Yes. When a student watches a movie, reads a Related Reading, or plays a game without SnapThought, the task will display as “Completed” in your class timeline. This does not include "Practice" or "Flash Words" for BrainPOP ELL.