You can set up a school or district integration with SAFARI Montage via an LTI tool with Thin Common Cartridge (TCC).
IN THIS ARTICLE
What you'll Need
- A paid School or District plan including at least one of the following products: BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr., BrainPOP ELL
- The consumer key and shared secret for your BrainPOP plan (Contact Us to get these)
- Administrator access to SAFARI Montage
The Safari Montage LTI integration supports the benefits of our other LTI integrations as well as supporting the Thin Common Cartridge (TCC) standard:
- Single Sign-on - Teachers and students can sign in without needing a separate BrainPOP username and password.
- On Demand Account Creation - Accounts for teachers and students are created instantly the first time they use the SSO. Teachers may need a one-time-use educator code. Students will need one-time-use class codes to create their accounts.
- Searchable BrainPOP Content - Thin Common Cartridge allows teachers and students to surface BrainPOP topics alongside other content when searching in SAFARI Montage.
- Confirm and/or activate the SAFARI Montage Interoperability Support Services license via ADMIN > Content & Modules > Add-On Modules
- Activate the BrainPOP integration by navigating to ADMIN > Interoperability Support > Services and click on the Activate Link.
- Once activated, click the Settings link to enter the LTI Key and Secret for your subscription. If you don't have your Key and Secret, contact us.
- Enter the information as shown and Click the Add button to save your changes.:
- Key: BrainPOP LTI Key (Contact Us for your Key)
- Secret: BrainPOP LTI Secret (Contact Us for your Secret)
- Share User’s Name: Enable
- Share User’s Email: Enable
- Base URL: https://www.brainpop.com/lti/launch.php
- Custom Parameters: custom_username=$User.username
- Share LDAP DN: Disable
- Typical Age Range As Grade Range: Enable
- Thumbnail URLS Included in Thin Common Cartridges: Disable
- By default, the BrainPOP portal link will be enabled for all schools and user types of Student and Teacher. Administrators can refine which schools and user types have access to the integration by clicking Schools link.
- Select which schools and user types will have access to the integration, and whether the link displays on the Dashboard or on the Links sub-dashboard page. Click Save for settings to take effect.
- Activate the BrainPOP Weblinks Content Package license by clicking ADMIN > Content & Modules > Content Packages.
- Assign the BrainPOP Weblinks Content Package to the desired schools.
- Click on the name of the BrainPOP package to expand the list of schools for assignment.
- Place a check in the box next to the school names and then click Save.
Using SAFARI Montage
Once configuration is complete, BrainPOP will appear on the Dashboard and/or Links pages, providing one click Single Sign On (SSO) access to BrainPOP, including automated account creation for users without an existing BrainPOP account.
Users will have access BrainPOP content within the SAFARI Montage federated search and may add objects to playlists.
Once the integration is up and running, teachers can create their accounts.