At BrainPOP, we're dedicated to helping kids understand their world. Everything we make is rooted in research and the science of learning, so that kids acquire the skills and information they need. Our team is guided by five core principles:
- We teach through stories. Humor, playful animation, and dynamic stories engage kids so they can learn key concepts. Our characters model curiosity and inquiry, bringing standards-based content to life. Throughout, we do our best to infuse every moment with our love of learning.
- We cultivate essential skills. BrainPOP movies introduce a topic—but that's just the beginning. Our learning activities develop standards-based essential skills such as making inferences, interpreting main ideas, and problem solving. They give kids a chance to practice these skills and demonstrate their understanding.
- We bring in the experts. The information we present is grounded in academic consensus, backed by reliable sources, and vetted for accuracy by subject-matter experts. Movies are reviewed by classroom teachers, who assess grade-level appropriateness and relevance in the classroom.
- We are committed to being inclusive. We want all kids to feel seen and supported, so we prioritize inclusive representation in characters, visuals, and language across topics. BrainPOP is designed to be accessible to children of all levels, abilities, and skills. And our editorial review process includes perspectives from across the country that help us identify blind spots.
- We help tackle the hard stuff. Our 1,200+ topics across BrainPOP and BrainPOP Jr. include some that can be challenging to navigate. We approach these topics with great care, nuance, and sensitivity. Our goal is to provide context and open doors to deeper discussion.
Additionally, as part of our commitment to our district and school partners, we provide the flexibility to tailor BrainPOP to meet each community's needs. Through our content management tool, administrators can preview and set access permissions for any topic, by grade level.
BrainPOP's mission is to empower kids to shape the world around them and within them. But the content we create is only one part of the equation. You—educators, administrators, and parents—are our partners in this endeavor. To empower kids, we know we must empower you. We hope we’ve made your essential work a little easier.