If your school or district is currently set up with a Single Sign-On (SSO) solution that you'd want or need to deactivate, this article walks you through the process.
IN THIS ARTICLE
What You'll Need
- A paid School or District Plan including at least one of the following products: BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr., BrainPOP ELL
- Administrator access to Clever, Classlink Launchpad, your LMS, or super-administrator access to Google workspace.
Deactivating Clever Apps
Make sure that all of our Clever apps (BrainPOP Suite, BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr., and BrainPOP ELL) are disconnected from the Clever dashboard and that no data is being shared. This will prevent nightly syncs from occurring and apps will no longer be available for teachers or students.
Deactivating Classlink Launchpad/OneRoster API Apps
Stop sharing data with us through the Classlink roster server and remove our applications (BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr., and BrainPOP ELL) from the Classlink launchpad.
Deactivating Google SSO apps from Workspace
Delete our Google SSO apps (BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr., and BrainPOP ELL) from the Google workspace admin console. Once complete, the apps will no longer be available for teachers or students.
Deactivating LTI tools
Remove external tools you have set up for BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr., and BrainPOP ELL from your Learning Management System (LMS). Instructions for removing apps from your LMS will vary from one application to another. We've included instructions for Schoology and Canvas in this article.
To remove apps from the App Center at the district level:
- Click the App Center icon at the top of Schoology, then click App Center.
- Click Organization Apps under the header at the top of Schoology.
- Locate the BrainPOP app and click X to the far right.
- Click Submit to confirm.
- Go to the Admin area where you added the LTI app and click on Settings.
- Click on the Apps tab.
- Click the View App Configurations button.
- Find the App you want to remove, click the Gear icon to the far right and select Delete.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does deactivating the integration also wipe all accounts and data associated with it?
Deactivating an integration does not wipe any accounts or data.
Teacher accounts and student accounts can still be accessed after an integration is deactivated, but teachers and students may need to retrieve their username and password information. See the question below for how to retrieve this information.
Can users manually log into BrainPOP using SSO created Individual Accounts?