Here are some common issues you may run into with your Google SSO integration and our recommendations for resolving them.
IN THIS ARTICLE
As an admin, first confirm the following details:
- Your domain is correctly linked to your school or district plan. Please see this section of the setup steps.
- The BrainPOP Workspace app(s) are installed and turned on for all teachers and students in subscribing schools, as well as for the OU your superadmin account belongs to. If your superadmin account belongs to the root, the app must be on for the entire domain.
- Data access is granted to the BrainPOP Marketplace apps.
- Ensure your organizational units (OUs) are properly configured by repeating these steps. If the OU structure or OU names have changed since the initial setup, the app will need to be re-configured.
- If you use more than one domain, or students or teachers log in with aliases, contact us for help.
Troubleshooting Integration Setup
As an admin, you may come across some of the following error messages when installing and setting up our BrainPOP Marketplace apps.
"Your Google domain isn't linked to your BrainPOP subscription yet" error message during "Configuration" step.
If you've installed the BrainPOP apps(s) before setting up your domain with us, that's why you're seeing this message. Contact us to ensure your domain and superadmin info is connected on BrainPOP's side before proceeding with any further setup or troubleshooting.
"Only Google super administrators can access this step" error message during the "Configuration" step.
- Ensure you are logged in with superadmin (not just admin) status.
- Check to make sure that the app is on for the OU that your superadmin account belongs to. It needs to be on for your OU as well as the OUs included for the schools using it.
- Check to make sure that administrative APIs are enabled on your domain. From the Google admin console, go to Security > API Reference. Check Enable API access. Click Save changes.
- Check that data access is granted to the BrainPOP app by visiting the BrainPOP app settings the Google admin console.
If you've conducted these checks and are still receiving the error, try un- and re-installing the app.
As a teacher, you or your students may come across some of the following error messages when signing in using our BrainPOP Marketplace apps.
"Can't Sign in with Google" error message when trying to sign in with Google.
- Check to make sure you are logging in with your school or district's Google account rather than a personal Google account. Try logging out of other Google accounts and then log in again.
- Check to make sure that your school or district domain are connected to a valid school or district plan. Get in touch with your superadmin to confirm your BrainPOP subscription details and to check the app's configuration settings.
"Your Google Account has not been registered by your Google Domain Administrator" error message when they try to sign in with Google.
This error message means that the user does not belong to an organizational unit (OU) that is currently configured to a subscribing school. Ask your Google admin to return to the "Go to BrainPOP for Configuration" step and make sure that the OU the user is in is configured.
If one of the BrainPOP apps doesn't appear in the Google apps launcher (waffle)
This means that the BrainPOP app(s) included in your school's subscription is either not installed on your domain, or it is installed but not turned on for your organizational unit.
Ask your Google superadmin to confirm that your school has a subscription with access to that product (BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr, BrainPOP ELL, BrainPOP Science). They can also then make sure the app is installed and turned on for your OUs. Ask your Google admin to make sure that the BrainPOP marketplace app is installed and turned on for the appropriate organizational units.
If signing in with Google on the site works for one product (i.e. BrainPOP) but not another (i.e. BrainPOP Jr.)
This can happen if your school does not subscribe to the product you are trying to access. Ask your admin to confirm what product accesss your school has. We have Marketplace apps available for BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr., BrainPOP Science and BrainPOP ELL. If you are missing one of these apps, ask your Google superadmin to install the missing apps and turn them on for your school's organizational units.
If your school does subscribe to multiple products, even if you are missing one of the apps in the Google Marketplace, you can always sign in to one site and navigate over to the other sites by clicking the Moby head icon at the top left corner of the screen.
'404 Page Not Found' Error
This error message usually means that the Google superadmin needs to adjust the OU configuration. Ask your Google admin to return to the "Go to BrainPOP for Configuration" step and make sure that BrainPOP is enabled as a third party app, or uninstall and reinstall BrainPOP from Google Workspace Marketplace.
Still having trouble?
Try a hard refresh (hold the Shift key while refreshing the page in your browser) and clearing your cache & cookies.
If you are still experiencing issues logging in through Google, fill out the ticket request form here and one of our agents will help you out as soon as they can!