Customers with school and districtwide subscriptions can set up Single Sign-On (SSO) with ClassLink and connect their OneRoster API server to streamline individual account creation and class roster management.
Teachers and students will access SSO via an LTI launch, and teacher and student accounts in BrainPOP will be pre-provisioned and automatically updated by OneRoster API>
IN THIS ARTICLE
Setting Up Classlink LTI
Classlink Launchpad administrators can configure SSO for their schools and or district by setting up LTI launches in Classlink. LTI launch URLs are available for BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr, and BrainPOP ELL:
- BrainPOP Launch URL: https://www.brainpop.com/lti/launch.php
- BrainPOP Jr Launch URL: https://jr.brainpop.com/lti/launch.php
- BrainPOP ELL Launch URL: https://ell.brainpop.com/lti/launch.php
You have the option to set up the launches on the district level, or the school level if you prefer. Contact us for the key and secret.
Custom OneRoster fields
In order to configure the rostering integration with OneRoster API, you'll need to add custom fields to your LTI launch. You should add: custom_oneroster_sourcedid : %usersourcedid%.
If you do not currently have a OneRoster API server set up, not to worry. You can still set up a Classlink LTI launch that does not include the rostering component. See this article for instructions.
Existing Teacher and Student Accounts
If you have an existing solution in place to manage your individual accounts, we're not able to match existing student accounts to the accounts rostered through OneRoster API. Because of this, we recommend that you clear previous student accounts from your school or district’s BrainPOP account before setting up this integration. Clearing student accounts will also clear student rosters, projects, and activities. Any educator accounts in your school or district will be matched via their email address to the new OneRoster integration.
If you need a detailed usage report before we clear student data, you can generate one using the Admin Dashboard, or we can generate one for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will existing educator accounts be affected when integrating with OneRoster API?
When existing educator accounts are being matched to your OneRoster instance, some of their data will be affected.
Data that will be cleared includes:
- Classes: Any classes that the teacher created before setup will be cleared and replaced with classes from OneRoster.
- Students/Rostering: Along with classes, any students in those classes will be replaced by the rostering within OneRoster.
- Assignments: Any assignments that have been built in our assignment builder or have been created through our site will be cleared and will have to be recreated.
Things that will stay:
- Mixed Quizzes: Any quiz that was created using our quiz mixer will stay with the account after being merged with OneRoster.
- Teacher Created Artifacts: Any concept maps, movie projects, or coding projects that were created by the teacher will remain with the account after being merged with OneRoster.
Do class rosters for teachers update automatically?
Yes. Rosters are updated nightly from your OneRoster files.