If you have a districtwide subscription and your administrator has set up SSO with ClassLink and connected your OneRoster server, you can import your classes into My BrainPOP on demand.
NOTE: You cannot use the OneRoster class import feature until your administrator has set up a ClassLink LTI app and connected your district’s OneRoster server to your BrainPOP subscription(s).
IN THIS ARTICLE
The first time you launch BrainPOP from the app in your ClassLink Launchpad, you will be prompted to import your OneRoster classes. Importing creates corresponding classes in My BrainPOP and automatically sets up associated students for SSO through the ClassLink Launchpad.
- Sign into BrainPOP using the ClassLink Launchpad app.
- Click My Classes.
- A dialog box invites you to import classes. Importing classes from OneRoster creates corresponding classes in My BrainPOP and SSO accounts for the students linked to the ClassLink Launchpad.
If you decide not to import classes right away, you can always import them later by selecting Import New Class in the My Classes menu.
- Select the classes that you would like to import.
- Confirm the class selection(s). You can Continue to proceed or Go Back to choose again.
- Click Finish Import and view your class in My Classes.
Updating Class Rosters
If your OneRoster class roster has changed, you can update the corresponding My BrainPOP class at any time.
- Click My Classes.
- Select the class you would like to update, then click Manage Class. The option to Update Class Roster will appear.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to re-import the class. The new import will add additional students that have joined your class since your last import or update. It will not remove any students from your class.
If you set up classes in My BrainPOP before your district connected OneRoster to your subscription, you can match existing My BrainPOP classes to your OneRoster rosters. The first time you log in after the OneRoster connection is set up, you will see a dialog box prompting you to match your existing classes.
- Choosing Yes prompts you with a list of your existing My BrainPOP classes and your OneRoster classes. Matching classes links the existing My BrainPOP student accounts for SSO through the ClassLink Launchpad.
- You will see a list of students for each class along with a dropdown of the My BrainPOP student accounts available for matching. If you selected multiple classes for matching, you can match each class individually.
- After matching classes, you will be prompted to import any existing OneRoster classes that have not been matched to My BrainPOP classes. This is optional.
If you choose to skip this step, you can always match classes later by navigating to Manage Class and selecting Match Class.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why don’t I see the option to import my classes?
You need to log in through the BrainPOP app in the ClassLink Launchpad to see the Import Classes option, and your administrators will need to have set up the OneRoster connection to your BrainPOP subscriptions.
Do my rosters in My BrainPOP update automatically?
Not at this time. You need to choose Update Roster to add new students to your classroom.
Why is ‘Match Classes’ not appearing?
The option to ‘Match Classes’ only appears if you have created a My BrainPOP class with an educator code and have existing OneRoster classes that have not been imported or matched previously.