If you have a school or districtwide subscription and your administrator has set up SSO with G Suite for Education, you can import your Google Classroom rosters into your individual educator account on demand.
NOTE: Your Google domain super administrator must install and set up the SSO app for your domain before you can begin using Google Classroom rostering.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Importing Classes with Google Classroom
The first time you log into BrainPOP from the G Suite SSO app, you will be prompted to import any Google Classroom rosters you may have. Importing creates corresponding classes in your individual educator account and automatically sets up associated students with Google SSO.
- Sign into BrainPOP using G Suite for Education by clicking Sign in with G Suite for Education on BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr, or BrainPOP ELL. Alternatively, you can use the Google Launcher in Google Apps for all three sites.
- Click Dashboard.
- A dialog box invites you to import classes. Importing classes from Google Classroom will create corresponding classes in your individual educator account and create SSO accounts for the students.
If you decide not to import classes when prompted, you can always import them later by selecting Import New Classes in your dashboard.
- Select the classes that you would like to import.
- Confirm the class selection(s). You can Continue to proceed or Go Back to choose again.
- Click Finish Import and view your class in Class Settings.
Updating Class Rosters
If your Google Classroom roster changes, you can update the corresponding class in BrainPOP at any time.
- Click Dashboard.
- Select All Classes.
- Click the class you wish to update.
- Click View Students.
- Click Update Class Roster.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the roster. The new import will add any additional students that have joined your class since your last import or update. It will not remove any existing students from your class.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a classroom subscription and I use Google Classroom. How do I roster my students?
Only school and districtwide subscriptions are eligible for Google Classroom rostering at this time. If you have a schoolwide subscription, but your G Suite domain is districtwide, your district administrator needs to install and set up the G Suite SSO app before you can import your classes from Google Classroom.
Why don’t I see the option to import my classes?
You need to log in with G Suite to see the Import Classes option. You also need to have active classes with students in Google Classroom.
Do my rosters in BrainPOP update automatically?
Not at this time. You can Update Roster to add new students to your classroom.
Why is ‘Match Classes’ not appearing?
We no longer support matching classes in BrainPOP.