Issues Playing Movies
MP4 versions of the movies play in our HTML5 player. If a BrainPOP movie is not playing, you can try the following strategies to troubleshoot.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Clear Your Cache and Cookies
- On the browser toolbar, click the Chrome menu icon.
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
- In the box that appears, click the checkboxes for Cookies and Other Site Data and Cached Images and Files.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose All Time (or Beginning of Time for older versions) to delete everything.
- Click Clear Data (or Clear Browsing Data for older versions).
- Close out of the browser and then reopen.
- Click the menu . Choose History, and then Clear Recent History.
- Click the dropdown menu and select Everything.
- Click the arrow next to Details to select what information you want to clear. Make sure to include both Cookies and Cache.
- Click Clear Now.
- Close and reopen the browser.
Internet Explorer 11
- In the upper right corner, click the small gear icon and choose Internet options.
- In the General tab, under Browsing history, click Delete.
- Uncheck Preserve Favorites website data.
- Check Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and website data, and History.
- Click Delete.
- When finished, click OK to return to your Internet Explorer window.
- Close the Internet Explorer window and reopen.
- Click Safari in the upper left side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
- In the window that appears, click the Privacy tab, then Manage Website Data. Click the button Remove All.
- Click Remove Now in the popup window that appears.
Reinstall your App (For Mobile App Issues)
If movies are not playing on the app, try deleting the app and reinstalling.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I receive a “No compatible source was found for this media” error message when I play movies?
Unfortunately, Internet Explorer versions available on Windows 7 or earlier do not support our movie player. We recommend updating your operating system or using another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.